Thursday, January 31, 2013

Southern Style Green Beans

This is a household staple for us, it is delicious and goes with so many things to complete a meal!


 Ingredients:

  • 1/4 lb. bacon, cut in 1 1/2" strips
  • 2 cups chicken broth (I swear I will post my recipe next time I make it!)
  • 2 cups water (my stock is super flavorful, if you use the store-bought you might want to use all 4 cups of chicken stock)
  • 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 1/2 lbs. fresh green beans, with end snapped off
Directions:
  1. Saute onion and bacon over medium high heat in a medium pot for 7-10 minutes, until onions are translucent. The bacon does not need to be crispy.
  2. Add chicken stock, water and beans and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, until beans are tender.
That's it! You can tell the beans are fresh because they retain a little of their crispness and the bacon, onion and stock make them homemade!



No comments:

Post a Comment