Monday, February 4, 2013

Homemade Laundry Detergent {Homemade Cleaning Products}

I have been using this laundry detergent for about 9 months now and I absolutely love it, so I thought I should share:

Ingredients:

  • 1 bar Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap (I like the lavendar)
  • 1 cup washing soda
  • 1 cup borax
  • About 3 gallons of water 


Directions:
  1. Shred soap with a grater. Heat about 4 cups of water over medium high heat and slowly add soap until melted.
  2. Pour 3 gallons of water into a 5 gallon bucket. Add borax, washing soda and melted soap.
  3. Seal bucket and let sit for 24 hours. It will turn kind of gloopy. 


That's it! I pour it into my old store-bought laundry detergent containers for easier access. Add about a cup per load into your laundry and enjoy clean, lavendar scented laundry for about half the price of Tide!


No comments:

Post a Comment