Friday, August 3, 2012

Buttermilk Pancakes

I had extra buttermilk leftover from the Red Velvet cake I made the other day, so I decided to put it to use. I used this recipe. Here is what you need
:

  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 tablesppons white sugar (I will probably use more next time…I like my pancakes sweet)
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3 cups buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup milk (not pictured…oops)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • (I will probably use a little vanilla extract next time as well)


Combine dry ingredients, mix together. Combine wet ingredients, mix togther. (SEPARATELY!)


Now, here the recipe says not to combine the wet & dry until RIGHT before you cook the pancakes…and it says to stir with a WOODEN spoon & only until just combined. Okay, I don’t follow directions well…it took a while to make all these pancakes…and I tried the wooden spoon and it just wasn’t combining…so I wisked it. THEY STILL TURNED OUT GREAT! So don’t worry too much.

Oh, and the directions say to cook them on medium-high. I do not recommend. They burn before they are ready to flip! I heated the pan to medium and adjusted as necessary afterwards! You can surely tell the difference between made-from-scratch and store bought mix though! These were light, airy, fluffy, amazing pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment