Friday, August 3, 2012

Veggie & Pasta Salad

We went to a cookout for Memorial Day & everyone was asked to bring a dish. I was going to do the old standby, fruit, but someone else was already bringing some. So I decided to steal my mom’s pasta salad. I don’t actually have a recipe, so I just guessed, but it was a hit!

What you need:
  • 1 package Veggie Rotini
  • 3 small tomatos (or equivalent)
  • 1 summer squash
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 cup italian dressing
Directions: 

  1. Cut squash & zucchini into 1/4″ quarters 
  2. Cut tomatoes into pieces about the same size as squash 
  3. Cook pasta per package instructions 
  4. When there are two minutes left of the pasta add zucchini & squash 
  5. Drain & rinse pasta, squash & zucchini 
  6. Chill on counter (or in fridge or freezer) 
  7. Add diced tomatoes & 1 cup dressing 

This pasta salad is a hit! Light, fresh & colorful! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment