Friday, August 3, 2012

Peach Cobbler

After I went to the U-Pick Farm with my niece & nephew I decided that I needed to do something with all the darn peaches, and what better than peach cobbler! But wait! I’ve never attempted a peach cobbler and have no idea where to begin! Never fear, Paula Deen is here to rescue you! I adapted her recipe a little bit, mostly because I didn’t have self rising flour, so below is what I did!

I didn’t take as many pictures as normal because I was in a HUGE rush, but here is the recipe anyway!

What you need:

4 cups fresh peeled, sliced peaches
2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup heavy cream


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*
Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar and water in a saucepan and mix. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Put the butter in a 9×13 dish & put in the oven to melt.
Mix 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Pour mixture over melted butter. DO NOT STIR! Spoon fruit & syrup on top. 
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
  
Before it goes in to the oven…peaches on top!

Serve with vanilla ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment