Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Charleston Farmer's Market - August 4, 2012 - Roti Rolls & King of Pops

This past week was World Breastfeeding Week and Saturday marked the day of the Big Latch On. This is a world-wide event where women across the globe feed their babies at the same time in order to try to break a world record. Our local venue was the library on Calhoun Street downtown. I decided that because I was going to be downtown anyway I may as well hit up the Farmer's Market for lunch!
First I hit up Roti Rolls. After ensuring that the wraps they use don't contain any dairy products I ordered the Shrimpin' Ain't Easy. I forgot to order water but the guy taking my order was nice enough to ask if I needed any! About 5 minutes later my order was ready and it was so incredibly good! The wrap was hot and crispy and the shrimp were nice & cold! It was juicy, flavorful & delicious. They even served it with a slice of watermelon (which could have been colder) that was the perfect compliment!
For dessert I hit up King of Pops which I had been meaning to do for a while. I got the orange pina colada which I was told "tasted like vacation" and it did! It was quite good...if only it wasn't so hot out that it was melting before I enjoyed it all! The guy selling them was super nice & conversational...I will definitely be enjoying them again!
I even had entertainment during my lunch...3 breakdancers dancing while I ate and Josh slept peacefully!




No comments:

Post a Comment