Friday, August 3, 2012

Cheesy Squash Casserole

    In addition to making dessert for my in-laws over the weekend, I was in charge of a vegetable. I decided to use what was available to me so I used some squash from my garden! I used Paula Deen’s recipe, but well, I can’t leave well enough alone, so I had to alter it some



    Ingredients:

    2 tsp. vegetable oil
    3 summer squash, thinnly sliced
    1/2 yellow onion
    1 tbsp. butter
    1/3 cup grated parmesan
    1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
    1/3 cup sour cream
    salt & pepper
    crushed butter crackers (I used Townhouse)







    Directions:
    1.  Preheat oven to 350* 
    2.  Heat the oil in a large (or very large) skillet over medium-medium-high heat. 
    3.  Saute squash, onion & butter until soft. 
    4.  Transfer to a bowl & stir in the Parmesan, cheddar & sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. 
    5.  Place in a grease casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs on top. 
    6.  Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment